Admission for 15 or more guests:
Admission for less than 15 guests:
Please note that other discounts are not valid towards group admission.
Guide fee of $30, plus admission cost (See Fee Information, above).
Guided tours are student-centered, interactive learning experiences. Our trained Educators provide guided learning experiences that explore the diverse history and culture of African Americans and their African origins in ways that engage, inspire and enrich the lives of children in grades Pre K – 12 as well as adults. Each tour lasts for 45 minutes and includes exploring diverse collections. Maximum of 35 guests per group per guide.
One chaperone for every 10 students is required and admitted free. Additional adults are charged $7 each. Special needs groups must provide one chaperone for every five students, or one chaperone per guest if requiring wheel chairs. It is important that chaperones stay with the group at all times.
Guided tours are available Tuesday through Saturday, 9:30 am – 2:00 pm, and Sunday 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm.
A 50% non-refundable deposit is due within 72 hours after you schedule your tour.
Final payment balance is due upon arrival.
By check or money order, payable to CHWMAAH
By credit card: Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express
Upon arrival, we respectfully ask that your group acknowledge and adhere to the following museum policies and procedures:
• Please arrive in the museum’s Rotunda fifteen (15) minutes early with all persons being present
• Have your confirmation letter available upon your arrival
• Should you experience delays, please contact the tours and reservation office at (313) 494-5800 or (313) 494-5864 as soon as possible.
• Please have an accurate count of the members of your group (adults ages 13 - 61, children ages 3 - 12, and under 3 years old.)
• It is important that chaperones stay with the group at all times.
• To request any changes of services please call (313) 494-5864
• If your group arrives late, the length of your tour will be impacted
• No cameras can be taken into the exhibits
In order to ensure a meaningful learning experience for all visitors, exhibit capacity is monitored. If a gallery is full, The Wright Museum staff may advise a group to wait before entering.
Designed to capture and stimulate the imagination of Pre-K through 3rd grade children, the Children’s Discovery Room uses a multimedia approach to teach the lessons of the And Still We Rise exhibit in an age-appropriate manner. Live actors use the environment’s sound and video capabilities to weave a story of tribulation and hope that children can understand. The Children’s Discovery Room is a wonderful tool for teachers and group leaders to introduce their children to a complex and delicate part of American history.
Limited space for your school group to bring bagged lunches may be available on a pre-registered basis. The cost of reserving space is $1 per person per half hour.
For catered lunch options: please call (313) 494-5808 for catered lunch options and pricing for your group.
The group entrances are located on Warren Avenue, and on the west side of the museum on Farnsworth. Limited, complimentary bus parking is located on Brush Street east of the museum’s entrance.