Facility Rental Terms and Conditions
1. A reservation for a special event may be accepted up to two (2) years in advance of the event date.
2. A requested date will be held for five (5) business days, by the end of which the Museum requires a signed contract and a deposit.
3. The Museum can release the date if the signed contract and deposit is not received within 30 days.
4. The Museum reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to refuse to rent its facilities to any person or organization for any reason.
5. The use of the Museum's name, trademark or logo in advertising of the event is prohibited without prior written approval from an Executive Officer of the Museum.
6. The nature, duration, size and location of the event may not be modified without prior written consent of the Museum, which may be held in the Museum's discretion. Modifications must be requested at least thirty (30) days prior to the event.
7. It is understood that any Museum equipment rental fees, valet parking, support staff charges, and beverage service charges must be paid at least (30) days prior to the event.
8. Any over-payment for any service including alcohol/ beverage sales is not refundable.
9. The Museum will charge a $20 processing fee for any checks returned for insufficient funds.
10. The methods of payment for all deposit payments are major credit cards, personal checks, cashier checks, money order and cash.
11. The methods of payment for all final balances are major credit cards, cashier checks, money order and cash. No personal checks will be accepted if your event is within ten (10) days.
12. The Museum reserves the right to cancel an event if the facility rental terms are not complied with or if payments are not received on time.
13. Smoking is prohibited inside of the Museum.
14. The solicitation of sales for merchandise is prohibited on the Museum's premises unless previously approved by an Executive Officer of the Museum.
15. Any materials shipped to the Museum for the event should not be delivered earlier than two (2) business pays prior and shall not remain two (2) business days after. Materials left beyond the mentioned time are subject to a $100.00 a day storage charge. Materials must be marked with your name and be addressed to the Museum with shipping charges pre-paid.
16. Setup of any kind may not occur in public areas during regular operating hours unless prior authorization or approval has been given.
17. No exhibits shall be moved, rearranged, or otherwise altered in the preparation for or during an event.
18. The use, content, design, location and arrangement of any decorations or banners used in conjunction with your event are subject to prior approval. Requests must be made at least one (1) week in advance.
19. Absolutely no pins, nails, staples or tapes of any kind are permitted on walls, ceilings, and floors of the Museum.
20. Glitter, small confetti and helium balloons are prohibited.
21. Candles used for decoration must be enclosed in glass votive holders.
22. All decorative and floral services are your sole responsibility and must adhere to restrictions imposed by the Museum. Absolutely no potted plants and no exotic floral arrangements are allowed in the Museum.
23. The Museum is not responsible for any additional items – equipment, chairs, tables, coat racks, personal possessions and other items brought to the Museum for an event.
24. You and any service providers associated with the event must meet with your Facility Rental Coordinator at least seven (7) days prior to the event to finalize the details of the event.
25. Musicians, bands, entertainment and related services contracted by you are your sole responsibility and must adhere to restrictions imposed by the Museum.
26. It is understood that the Museum's food service contractors will provide all event catering and non- alcohol beverage service.
27. You are responsible for requesting catering services not less than fifteen (15) days prior to the event.
28. The Museum is not responsible for contracting catering services for your event, canceling or changing catering requests.
29. Absolutely no food or beverages supplied for the Event shall be taken from the Museum.
30. It is understood that the Museum must provide all alcoholic beverages and absolutely no other liquor is permitted on the premises.
31. Bar requests must be submitted not less than fifteen (15) days prior to the event.
32. All beverage services shall close and entertainment shall end fifteen minutes preceding the end of the event, and guest shall be encouraged to depart at the closing time of the event.
33. Any persons consuming alcohol are required to abide by the Michigan Liquor Laws. Intoxicated persons, habitual excessive drinkers and minors may not be served.
For questions, please call the Facility Rental Office at (313) 494-5893 or (313) 494-5801.